Frequently asked questions
- How long do my documents reside on the server?
- The original files are removed from the server immediately after conversion.
- The converted files are available for download for 4 hours.
- How many files can I convert, and what is the maximum size?
- You can upload up to 3 files at once, the total size should not exceed 100 MB. If you need to convert more than 3 files, you simply upload your files in batches of 3.
- Is this service really free?
- Yes! Free as in beer.
- Are my files available to anyone?
- When the conversion is finished, you receive a unique download link that cannot be guessed by others. This link remains active for 4 hours. If you send this link to someone else, (s)he can download the converted file as well.
- What file formats are supported for Word conversion?
Input formats: doc, docx, odt, rtf, txt
Output formats: pdf, pdf/a (ISO 19005-1 compliant), txt,jpg, html
word to pdf | doc to pdf | docx to pdf | odt to pdf | rft to pdf | txt to pdf
word to pdf/a | doc to pdf/a | docx to pdf/a | odt to pdf/a | rft to pdf/a | txt to pdf/a
word to txt | doc to txt | docx to txt | odt to txt | rft to txt | txt to txt
word to jpg | doc to jpg | docx to jpg | odt to jpg | rft to jpg | txt to jpg
word to html | doc to html | docx to html | odt to html | rft to html | txt to html
- What file formats are supported for Excel conversion?
Input formats: xls, xlsx, csv, ods
Output formats: pdf
excel to pdf | xls to pdf | xlsx to pdf | csv to pdf | ods to pdf
- What file formats are supported for Powerpoint conversion?
Input formats: ppt, pptx, odp
Output formats: pdf
powerpoint to pdf | ppt to pdf | pptx to pdf | odp to pdf
- What file formats are supported for PDF conversion?
Input formats: pdf
Output formats: doc, docx, txt, jpg, gif, html
pdf to doc | pdf naar docx | pdf to txt | pdf to gif | pdf to html
- What is PDF/A?
PDF/A (Portable Document Format Archivable) is specialized for the digital preservation of electronic documents. It is an ISO-standardized version (defined by ISO 19005-1:2005) of the Portable Document Format (PDF).
At this moment the PDF/A format is only available with Word conversion
- How do I decide whether to select the PDF/A format?
Choose PDF/A format if you need to submit the document to a government agency that requires this format.
Choose PDF/A format if you need the file for long-term archiving and you want the file to include all the information needed to be displayed in the future in a way as similar as possible to the way it is displayed today.
Do not choose PDF/A (choose standard PDF instead) if the file appearance is important and you want the PDF to look as much like your original document as possible.
Do not choose PDF/A (choose standard PDF instead) if file size is important.
- I cannot open the converted file I downloaded?
- Download and install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Uploading and/or downloading files takes a long time?
- How fast you can up- and/or download documents depends very much on your internet connection. With ADSL lines, uploading takes significantly longer than downloading.
- Why do I see ads on this page?
- By showing some ads we can provide this service for free.